Welcome to Mental Health and Faith Foundations Part I,
This introductory course is for professionals, faith leaders, lay persons, caregivers, and others who seek basic knowledge in mental health and faith integration. In this 7 week course, you will learn:
- Indicators of being called to mental health ministry. Key roles and responsibilities of mental health ministry workers.
- Mind, body, spirit holistic approach to mental health. Concepts of hope and healing, past and present.
- Principles of personal personal advocacy and systems of advocacy. Basic tools for mental health and faith integration in various settings.
- Therapeutic ministry skills. Basic tools for mental health evangelism and outreach.
- Mental health ministry ethics. Ethics, boundaries, confidentiality, reporting.
- Common symptoms of mental illness and substance use. Opioid use disorder.
- Learn the importance of self and family care while engaging in mental health ministry.
- Gender identity and trauma-informed mental health ministry. Healing language and documentation.
- Self-care and the use of ongoing supports. Overcoming stress in mental health ministry.
This introductory course is the first of a two part series. Learners who complete part I and part II will meet basic requirements of Faith Solutions to Mental Health and will earn the Faith Solutions to Mental Health - Certification in Mental Health Ministry.